The Rise, the Reset, and the Rebuild: My Unfiltered Goat Farm Journey
From knowing absolute zero about *bakrebaazi* to holding the key to the entire farm, my last three years have been an absolute rollercoaster of passion, hard lessons, and an unbreakable connection with livestock.
Here is the story of how a fun pre-Eid hobby turned into a full-blown passion.
---
### Phase 1: The Rookie's First Step (Pre-Ramzan to Bakri Eid)
Three years ago, I didn't know a single thing about goat breeds, feed ratios, or livestock healthcare. Terms like *palai*, *menda*, or *shauq* were just casual words I heard in passing.
Driven by curiosity and the excitement of Bakri Eid, I bought my first two animals—a **Malwa goat** and a **Marino sheep**—and put them on *palai* (boarding) at Mira Ali Goat Farm.
Watching the farm caretakers manage them opened up a whole new world. By the time Eid arrived, seeing those two animals healthy and grand for Qurbani sparked something inside me. It wasn't just a seasonal task anymore; it was the start of a deep-seated passion.
---
### Phase 2: Levelling Up the Shauq
With the initial hesitation gone, I decided to scale up the following year.
* **The Full-Year Commitment:** I brought in a **Patira goat** and a **Sindhi menda**, keeping them on full-year *palai* to watch their true growth potential.
* **Expanding into Trading:** As I spent more time around animal markets and breeders, I started buying additional goats specifically for trading.
* **Building a Exotic Collection:** My personal collection grew into a diverse group of breeds kept purely out of passion—**Vilayti and Marino sheep**, alongside **Sojat, Gujri, and Sindhi goats**.
I paid the monthly boarding fees, tracked their progress daily, and successfully sold them when Eid season rolled around. I was officially hooked.
---
### Phase 3: The Unforeseen Reset (2025–2026)
By late 2025 and early 2026, my momentum was at an all-time high. I had gathered an impressive lineup of diverse breeds—some earmarked for trading and others raised with extra care for personal Qurbani.
Then life hit hard.
A sudden family emergency required urgent funds for major house repairs. With a heavy heart, I had to liquidate my entire stock. Every single goat and sheep I had nurtured was sold off to raise the necessary money. Standing in an empty shed after years of building a herd was tough, but in the world of livestock, resilience is everything.
---
### Phase 4: Taking the Reins (September Onward)
As the monsoon rains began to recede this September, I knew I couldn't stay away for long. It was time for a fresh start—this time on my own terms.
```
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| MY LIVESTOCK EVOLUTION |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Year 1: 2 Animals (Malwa & Marino) on Basic Palai |
| Year 2: Multi-Breed Herd (Sojat, Gujri, Patira, Sindhi, Vilayti) |
| Year 3: Emergency Sell-Off ---> Solo Cage & Direct Management |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
```
Instead of relying purely on boarders, I rented my own individual cage at the farm and brought in a single **Sindhi goat**. Today, there is no middleman:
1. **Hands-On Feeding:** Designing and mixing exact daily grain and fodder rations myself.
2. **Medical Care:** Administering daily health tonics, deworming, and handling routine treatments directly.
3. **Peer Learning:** Absorbing veteran knowledge from my circle of experienced *shauqeens* and *bakrebaazs*.
---
### From Outsider to Farm Keyholder
The biggest validation of this three-year transformation came from the farm management itself.
Because of the dedication, consistency, and care I showed over the years, **I have been trusted with the keys to Mira Ali Goat Farm for the last two years.**
Today, I don't just tend to my own Sindhi goat—I am entrusted with feeding, handling, and looking after the goats and sheep belonging to other owners at the farm. Going from a beginner who didn't know basic care to managing an entire facility's livestock is a journey I wear with pride.
This journey taught me that *bakrebaazi* isn't just about buying and selling animals—it’s about patience, responsibility, and an unyielding passion for the craft. The herd may grow or shrink, but the *shauq* stays forever.
Comments